Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What i have been up to....

Spring is my absolute favorite time of the year... The colors, the weather, the longer days... So with the love of Spring comes my Love for Crafts, and those two are going hand in hand right now.... I have been on so many blogs lately and have found so many adorable and frugal crafts to make, and so i have...

I will post the finished craft as well as the link to the blog that i got the idea from...

First one up...
Tile Coaster
Made this coaster as a sample since we made them at MOPS for a craft day... Love how it turned out.
Here  is a link to a Tile coaster Tutorial, now it's not the one i followed but the same theory... I actually love the rustic look of the tiles they choose... Guess i better do another one soon...


Family Tile
after making the Tile coaster it got me thinking about making a larger (12x12) tile with out last name and the year we were married.. Love the idea of this one, but don't "LOVE" the colors of this one... Still thinking about how i am going to re-do it... Will update when i do.


Dollar Tree Hurricane's

I love the look of all the fancy yet simple Hurricanes, except don't like paying $15 and up on them.. Especially when i can't just buy one, i want a few of them... I know i am greedy !! LOL ! So when i came upon the tutorial at two twenty one i ran to Dollar Tree and bought 2 candle sticks and 2 small candle vases. $1.00 for each item, so for a total of $4.00 for 2 Hurricanes... Love them and LOVE that they were super cheap..


Kids Chore Charts



Suprise this one was my own idea.... Yep i can think of them, sometimes... ;-) I haven't been consistant with having the kiddos doing chores. I know this is something that i NEED them to do, as i don't want them growing up being lazy and not knowing how to pitch in. While they are still young i need to instill this in them.

 I ended up buying 3, 8x10 un-finished wood frames from Dollar tree $1.00 each, and used scrapbook paper i had at home... So total cost was $3.00 !! I cut all the letters with my Cricut, and typed up their chores on the computer. Glued all of it on the sheet of cardstock, then set it behind the glass as if it was a photo... So after the kids do their chores we can write on the glass with a dry erase marker, then just erase when done...


Spring Decor
This was one of my own ideas as well... I ended up getting these frames from the 99 cent store, and i actually like these ones better... They seem like they are make better, and feel sturdier... I will be looking there for them the next time. So $1.00 for the frame, and ended up using the cardstock i had at home. Cut all the cute wording, chick and bird out with my Cricut... I absolutely adore them, don't you !!

Daily To Do
With the idea of the Chore Chart i thought of the "To Do"  frame. I am in the middle of re-doing our Family go to area... You know the one, where all the papers get thrown, the phone is at, my purse sits there, and what ever toys the kids have dumped there during the day... This To Do frame will be hanging on the wall once i get the area finished... And of course when that is done i will make a post on here so you can see it...


So as you can see i have been a little busy, but the thing about most of these crafts is that they take less then 1 hour for each... I love that, i am so impatient and want instant gratification so all of them are perfect for me...

Oh, and last but certinaly NOT least.... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this No sew Ruffle Scarf.
Seriously, how cute is this ???? It was so stinkin easy, ANYONE yes ANYONE can make it... Over at myworldmadebyhand, you can see the step by step Tutorial... Seriously, so easy and took about 45 minutes to make...



Ok, so that is it for now... Hopefully next time i won't have so many things to talk about in 1 post... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment